Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon and HFCP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:58 am

Bridgette cried for a long time. It was the first time she had ever been truly vulnerable with him. Now he saw her for who she truly was. All of her past sarcasm, and disdain and pride...it was all to hide her broken heart. He knew that she and Cathal had both lost their families when they were just young pups. Their bond was strong. But still...she hadn't wanted him.

"Do you want to be with him or me?"

Bridgette stopped crying, though their were tear stains down her beautiful flushed cheeks, and looked confused.

"But Max...it's an ancient right...whoever wins, I....I don't have a choice..." she stammered, but she bit her lip, and pressed her warm body against his. She was silent for a few moments.

"I love you," she whispered. Her trembling lips brushed his ear as she spoke, and she shook a bit. This was a new Bridgette, a soft, gentle, loving Bridgette. He was certain she hadn't lost her fire, that intense burning passion he loved about her, but now, he saw a completely different side. A side she hadn't shown to her own brother since she lost her parents.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:26 am

Max pressed his cheek against her head. Waiting before her head moved up. He could feel her trembling in his arms. As she said three words that made his heart thump hard in his chest.

Drawing her out of the shower he grabbed a towl and began to dry her carefully. Gentle with her as he knew she was still so weak. Though he turned he didn't leave. Instead he swiped his hand across the mirror until it showed both of their faces.

"You see that?" He gestured to the mirror, "You and me. Together. I never want Cathal to be there because of this." He leaned forward and breathed over the glass and it fogged back over. Using his finger he erased it to show her and drew a wolf over her face. It's teeth huge and chomping her reflection. She realized that Max had never once seen Cathal in his human form. That was all that Cathal was to him. A huge wolf with out a real face.

"I love you too," With a swipe he erased Cathal and only Max and her were left again.

Hugging her tight before setting her gingerly on the counter. Grabbing a towl he dried off him self and somehow pulled off a playful look after he had rubbed his hair hard. It hung over his eyes as he smiled at her.

((Somehow I really enjoyed that post XD))

Jay watched the exchange in silence but when her gaze returned to her she gazed away. Squirmming with discomfort and wishing that she could burry her head like Bastet. Gathering her courage as she petted Bastet's fur as best as she could as it was standing up a bit.

"Look, I know a vampire hanging out and caring for a bunch of werewolves is weird but I don't really care what you think," She looked up and gained courage, "Their my family. It's just not complete yet."

She looked away thinking about Moira. Back at Bastet and petting the cat softly trying to sooth the cat that she could protect her if the strange werewolf attacked them. She figured she could. Especialy sense she was an Omega. Though by the reverence of Victor she figured that this Caitire wouldn't do that in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:02 pm

Bidgette had said nothing, and stared at him for a few moments when he set her on the counter. She tried to crack a smile, for his sake, but she couldn't stomach it. Instead, she stared down at her bare feet hanging in mid-air.

"He's not..." she said. She stopped. Evil. That's what she had been about to say, but to even associate the word with Cathal, her brother, her dear friend...she couldn't. She closed her eyes as if concentrating, and sighed.

"I know you don't...know him, but, he really does care about me. He didn't mean to hurt me that badly. He probably feels...oh, Cathal. We...we both lost our families around the same time, and he...he was the only one who didn't seem fooled by my...mask," she said. Mask was the only word she could think of to describe the way she had acted in the past. She grew very quiet, and a single tear slid down her cheek. She looked back up at Max, knowing that what she was about to say, was to her knowledge, impossible if they were ever going to be together.

"I don't want him to die," she whispered, her voice choking.

~~~

Caitire again slipped into her mysterious silence. Jay watched as her eyes changed color from green to a deep gray. Victor noticed too, and he opened his mouth, but shut it. She smiled, as if she knew what they both were wondering, and perhaps she did, but she said nothing, as usual. Sweeping her long, silken white hair behind her, she stood up and quickly planted a soft kiss on the top of Jay's head.

"I pray to the Mother every day that our kinds will learn to understand each other. If you will please excuse me for a moment..." she said. Without another word, she floated gracefully out of their sight, and into the bathroom. Victor looked at Jay.

"She's a strange one, and I'm much older than any wolf has the right to be. What do you think her eyes mean? Is she...constantly seeing something, or do they mean something else?" he asked. It wasn't really a question he expected Jay to answer. He simply asked it because he was sharing his thoughts with her. Apparently, the brutish Beta was beginning to like her.

~~~

"I don't want him to die,".

"Neither do I. Cathal is my younger brother," Caitire whispered. Bridgette's head snapped up, and she stared at Caitire as if for the first time. Before she could move, Caitire crossed the distance between them and held Bridgette close. The two old pack sisters, reunited for the first time in years, said nothing, but held each other tight. After a few minutes of silent, affectionate greeting, they parted, and Caitire sat delicately on the side of the bathtub. She gazed at Max, and he noticed that now her eyes were a deep, dark navy blue. Darker than even Bridgette's.

"There is a way, Max, that you and Bridgette may be together while Cathal lives," she said. Bridgette's eyes widened, and she bit her lip, possibly to keep her jaw from hanging open. She was silent, but tense, and waited for Caitire to continue. The ghostly looking woman sighed, and looked down.

"This ancient right that my brother has proclaimed is simple. Two wolves fight over one mate. The winner, of course, receives this mate. However, there is not law in the code that demands the winner take the life of his opponent," Caitire said. This time, Bridgette's mouth did hang open.

"But I thought....every story I've ever heard.." she stammered. Caitire nodded.

"Yes, the ancient right is rare, and has long been forgotten. Our forefathers considered it a respect to the loser to be killed on the battlefield. To live on, without his desired mate, would have been considered shame and dishonor. That is why our stories never tell of a wolf being spared after his defeat," she explained. Bridgette's face paled a bit.

"Do you think that Cathal...you don't think..."she whispered. Caitire looked up at Bridgette, her eyes so dark blue now they were almost black.

"I think Cathal will ask Max to take his life if he loses. However, I do believe that my brother also desires the chance to redeem himself. He cannot do so dead, but his life is not in my hands. It is not in your hands, Bridgette," Caitire said. She stood, and locked eyes with Max. Swirling with colors, her gaze was unwavering, critical, as if she could see everything about him.

"Cathal's life...is in your hands," she said.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Max listened silently as Caitire locked eyes with him he sighed, "And hers." With a little wisp the darkness came once more. Gently it swirled over his fingers and carressed his chest. Instantly Caitire knew what it was. It was a vampire's spirit. Trapped on earth.

He turned to Bridgette, "This is a she not an it. She was a vampire. An innocent vampire. She had never killed a human and had lived as a vegitarian. She had fallen in love with me when we met but I had been sent to kill her. I-I enjoyed killing her but she wasn't ready to leave."

The darkness carressed his face as if questioning, "Yes, this is her." The darkness flowed off of him and on to Bridgette, "She wont hurt you. She likes that you make me happy. Cathal makes me angry." Instantly it reacted rushing back to him and trying to fill him, "Calm. So she wants to kill him."

He smiled and took Bridgette's hand, "I wont kill him. Not if it hurts you but I can't stop her." Though he pulled him self up on to the counter with her. Cupping her face he kissed her, "She is a rarety and I didn't want you to know. Not at first. Not even Jay knows."

His face turned back to Caitire and she swept over to her. Probing her softly as if wondering why Caitire was there, "Convinse her and you have me. I'm not sure of her name." Though a seerer seemed to know all and knew that her name was Marriah

Jay thought about it for a moment. Her hands busily petting Bastet, "I think I saw her see something. Her eyes turned white for a second. I think that the change might mean her emotions. It kind of seemed that way any way."

Though her body had said otherwise. She decided that instead of letting it slide she would ask her right out. It seemed the proper thing to do any way, "Why does she like me?"

Even so Jay felt she already knew the answer. It was because she was with all the werewolves. She had decided to stay and wasn't afraid. Even of the big brutish Victor. She smiled suddenly, "If it's past midnight then it's my Birthday. I'm official 17. Though I guess that doesn't really count now?" She looked up at Victor as if he could answer it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:47 pm

Victor laughed, and tossled Jay's hair, apparently in a show of affectionate.

"That's a good theory. Guess we could ask her. Sure your birthday counts, kid. I'm 124 years old, and Daci always treats me to something on my birthday, even though we're both way past our wolf due-date," he chuckled. He smiled at Jay, and she saw a warmness, something he hid from most, in his deep brown eyes.

"Well, we can't very well get you a cake, but is there something else you'd like?" he asked sincerely.

~~~

Bridgette stiffened, as if paralyzed, as the darkness swept around her, and slapped Max's hands away from her. There was horror on her face, disgust, and shock. She didn't speak, but looked at Caitire, as if the Seer might have some answer. Caitire was breathing very strangely, it was short, ragged. As the presence drew near her, Caitire flew backwards, her back against the wall, and let out an ominous snarl that only werewolves could make.

"Cursed soul! Do not come near me!" she hissed. Her eyes were now a pure black, but they shone like obsidian. Bridgette began to shake as the darkness moved back away from Caitire and back to Max. She looked at Max as though he had just physically struck her, and when he moved in to kiss her, she backhanded him so hard he hit the opposite side of the bathroom wall with such force that it nearly cracked the tile. Caitire's black eyes tinted with a ruby red.

"I'll make no deals with souls who belong in the afterlife! Unnatural, curse of a presence! She is not Marriah, not anymore. You should be rid of her!" Caitire hissed viciously. Bridgette grabbed an old pair of jeans of Jay's and t-shirt that was in a hamper in the bathroom and shrugged them on. Caitire crossed the room, and placed herself between Max and Bridgette as if she were protecting her former pack member from him.

"Where will you go?" she asked. Bridgette's eyes were filled with tears, and she shook her head.

"I don't know. To Cathal?" she answered. She looked at Max, and then at the shadow around him.

"At least with Cathal, I'm not second chosen," she spat venomously. Caitire frowned, but said nothing. The two werewolves burst out of the bathroom and headed for the door. Victor stood and gazed at Bridgette and Caitire. Bridgette was crying, but looked furious. Caitire, well, she was unreadable as always, but her eyes were now obsidian with a hint of ruby. They were leaving, apparently, and fast.

"What...what's going on?" Victor asked. Neither looked up. Caitire put her arm over Bridgette and the two walked out, and headed towards the stairs. Bastet tensed up at the tension of the werewolves, but as soon as they were out of sight, the cat lept from Jay's arms and sprinted to stand at the feet of Max. Her golden eyes lit up as she watched the darkness swirl around Max. She held up a paw, and pawed at it, as if trying to catch hold of something tangent. She mewed thoughtfully, and her tail flicked back and forth in curiousity.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:01 am

Max walked out and there was tears in his eyes, "I've tried. That's why I've never told any one."

The darkness seemed utterly confused and was swirling around him in great billows. He nodded and it literaly attacked him. Scratching at him until he was bleeding from numorouse cuts. Jay was up fast, "What did you do!? Bridgette! Are you leaving?"

She moved fast and grabbed Bridgette's hand, "Don't I'll lose him. He-he she will kill him. He's hurting him self. He blames him self. Please, please stay Bridgette. My sister."

He was crying but it was hard to tell as blood matted his hair and poored out over the ground. Jay was crying now too and released Bridgette. She was glaring at Bridgette with a mix of horror and pure hate, "I could hear you. You think your second choice. He's tried! He's tried to be rid of her. I've tried and you. You used him and toss him away like garbage. Your a tramp! You don't deserve him you deserved to die."

She moved away fast and swatted at the black stuff. She was crying uncontrolibly, "Don't kill your self Max! Please. You shouldn't die over her." He wasn't listening though. He fell to his knees. Not able to stand any longer.

When his eyes opened they were black, "I deserve this."

"No you don't Max! Just like last time. You didn't deserve it. You didn't deserve this curse," she also fell to her knees but only so she could look him in the eyes. The darkness didn't touch her as she wrapped both arms around Max.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:29 am

Bridgette turned back around and watched as the blood began to pour from Max. She turned to Caitire, but the Omega shook her head. They couldn't fight this demon off. Bridgette wasn't yet sure if she wanted to. In fact, she would have struck Jay harder than she had Max if the fledging had not run over to Max so quickly. She ignored the girl, and walked slowly, calmly over to stand in front of Max. She did not bend down, but looked below her at his face. There were trails of tears down her cheeks, but she no longer wept.

"Yes, Max. You killed...no, you murdered an innocent who loved you. Yes, you do deserve to die," she said very calmly. Caitire stood behind Bridgette, and did not attempt to interfere. Her eyes were pitch black. Bridgette reached out and let her hand trail along Max's bloody cheek. Her face was stoic, and her eyes had turned a dark gray. There was no fire in her left. She smiled, but it was full of bitterness, and pain.

"But maybe when she kills you, the Mother will take you. I will die soon, and the Mother will take me. Then, maybe then, you and I can be together in death," she said softly. She leaned down now, and kissed him. It held no passion. She had surrendered to the hand fate had dealt her, and she wasn't going to fight against it. She turned slowly, and began to walk away. Victor seemed frozen and looked at Caitire.

"Do something!" he yelled. The ghostly woman hesitated, her eyes still swirling black, but finally, after what seemed like agonizing hours, she approached Max. She knelt, and put her hands on either side of his head. Her eyes glazed over white, and so did Max's.

Reve Winslow, his handsome business suit splattered with fresh blood, leaned down to wipe his silver blade clean of blood. A tangled mass of a bloody corpse lay at his feet. It took a few moments for Max to realize that is was Bridgette, his Bridgette. Her body was broken and torn. Her jaw lay open, no breath stirred it. Her eyes, her once beautiful storm-filled eyes, stared at the sky, the glaze of death's shroud over them.

Caitire stood, and in a voice that had Bastet sprinting, yowling in fear, under the dresser, she spoke.

"That, Max, is Bridgette's future if you would allow this evil to consume you,".

Bridgette stopped, and glanced over her shoulder.

Would he save her? Would he save them both? No...she wasn't worth it. She had never thought herself worth of anything but the vision that she suspected Caitire had just shown Max.

She thought of death, and smiled.

"What a sweet release," she whispered to herself, closing her eyes.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:00 am

Max could only stare up at Bridgette. Silent as she spoke to him. At that moment he excepted it then. At that moment, if she was leaving, then he would die. Victor caught his attention and staid his hand that had begun to lift slowly. Jay had cried out in terror but it was Caitire that came forward.

He watched with horror, "No, I wont let you kill her. I love her." His eyes unglazed he lurched out of Jay's grasp and towards Bridgette. Though he fell to his knees he growled, "Leave me Marriah. I hate you. I hate you with every fiber of my being. I love Bridgette. I can't let her die. She is worth everything and you are worth nothing more then dust. Leave me!"

As Marriah hesitated Jay rose to her feet. Confusion was plain on her face and she went to Victor. Grabbing his hand in hers. She was still crying but it was more that she was unsure what to do and unsure of how she felt about Bridgette. She squeezed his hand but didn't look at him.

Marriah gathered her self up and off of Max and he instantly began to heal at the ebb of the attack. The cuts weren't deep it was just that their was many of them. A bit like peeling off each layer of skin at a time. Max panted and tried to gather him self but he couldn't rise.

That was when the darkness boiled in anger and let out a hiss. It raced towards Bridgette and all Max could do was shout, "No!" He struggled but his legs refused to hold his weight and he knew why. The darkness weaved around his legs. She wasn't about to let Max stop her.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 5:07 am

ooc:// You gotta help me out. How can we kill this thing? Er...send it's spirit back?
Back to top Go down
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm

((So... am I supposed to post with Algernon in here?))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:07 am

ooc:// I thought Algernon had never left the library? Has he left the library to look for Moira? If he has, then I can always set something up with Kristof, or maybe Daciana, if Algy isn't that brave yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pannic

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:54 am

((Nevermind, I think I'm just confused because I'm tired and sick right now...))
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Jay moved quickly and was standing in front of Bridgette right in Marriah's way, "Go home. Your family has been waiting for you." She wasn't sure why she said it but it seemed to work. Marriah hissed even as she started to disintegrate. In one last effort she lashed out at Max. Slicing in to his chest with such savageness that he fell to the floor as he blacked out.

With a slightly sickened look Jay moved away. Picking Bastet from the floor she moved behind Victor and sat on the couch. Breathing deeply through Bastet's fur. She didn't speak and just closed her eyes.

((Razz))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:10 am

ooc:// That was a little...anti-climatic, but...guess it worked, which is what counts.

bic://

Caitire roared at the blackness as it disintegrated, as if to send off the soul with her own special curse. Victor sat down so quickly back on the couch it looked as if he had collapsed. Bridgette stood frozen, staring at Max's body on the floor. Caitire, this seemingly heartless wolf, was the only one who kept her head on straight. She turned her dark intense gray eyes towards Victor.

"Go, flesh and nightshade, now," she ordered. The Beta, commanded by this Omega of another pack, the lowest rank of a pack, jumped up, shifted, and sprinted out the door in complete compliance.

"Jay, if you can't control yourself, take Bastet, and leave for a little while. I'll have Max mended easier than I did Bridgette," she snapped at the vampire. She wasn't being short with Jay out of maliciousness; she just knew it was foolish to Max's health to waste time. Finally, she turned to Bridgette. The fiery haired woman had not moved.

"Bridgette! Bridgette Darkfang Marcell, snap out of it!" she yelled. Bridgette jumped at the sound of her old name, her old pack name. Coming to, she looked at Caitire, a lost looking hopelessness in her ocean eyes.

"Don't just stand there; help me get him onto the bed," she said. Bridgette approached Max's unconscious form slowly, as if she were afraid of him, but she did help Caitire gingerly lift him onto the bed. Caitire pressed the pillow hard against the gash in his chest. The blood had stopped pouring. The two women sat in silence, Caitire staring at Max's wound, Bridgette staring at Max's closed eyes. Her beautiful face was stoic, unreadable; she was clearly still in shock.

"I should have known the cursed spirit of a vampire could only be sent away by another vampire; thank you, Jay," Caitire said, "It was careless of me not to forsee that." Before Jay had time to respond, the big gray Beta wolf had galloped in, holding a fawn in his jaws. The little thing had already stopped struggling, and lay limp, lifeless in his jaws, but still warm. Caitire snatched the fawn and ripped its body, stuffing nightshade and flesh in her mouth at once. She leaned down and fed it to Max. Bridgette did not help, but then again, she really didn't need to. The gash had closed, and Max was breathing peacefully. Victor trotted over to Max's closet, shifted, and put on one of his sweatpants. He crossed the room and put a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"I think you and I should give them some...time to talk things over. We should get back to the cave anyway. Daciana wouldn't be happy with you roaming around in the streets. It's not safe," he whispered. Caitire stood, looking at Max and apparently satisfied he would recover, nodded. She kissed Bridgette's head, and sighed.

"The scent of your blood will travel like wildfire. I need to...to get to your brother, and let him know you're all right. I'm sure Cathal will want to know too," she said quietly. Bridgette nodded dumbly, but remained silent. The ghostly looking woman glanced at Jay and Victor but said nothing before shifting into a beautiful pure white wolf. She left as a phantom, quick and silent as though she had been a dream.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 12:40 am

Jay shook her head no that she wasn't going to leave. She could control her self. She had to. Watching them closely as Max was healed she tried to clean her self up a bit. Wiping her face clean of tear stains that were red of course. When she had finished she let out a slow sigh. Already feeling a little better.

When Victor came back she smiled at him but it was strained and a little tired, "Okay, we can go back."

Fixing Bastet snugly to her chest she got to her feet. Giving Max one last look, "He would die for you Bridgette." That was all she said before allowing Victor to take the lead as they headed back to the cave. It was dangerous. Already she could smell the scent of human blood. It was like when you just needed chocolate so bad you felt like you would die. Just a lot more intense. Resisting it she kept her mind on Victor. He didn't smell that bad. Once you got past the dog smell there was a defining smell beneath that was all Victor's own.

Max lay still but his face became hard. He was dreaming now. At first about pain and then about Bridgette. At first it was a good dream. Full of what he knew was her from the soft skin and the brush of her hair.

He murmured allowed, "Bridgette." It was when he could see that things turned sour. Opening his eyes and expecting to meet Bridgette's fiery red gaze locked on his. Instead he saw her eyes glazed. Her body was instantly cold and he was drenched in her blood.

There was some kind of laughter but he didn't register it. Just the horrid terrible sight or his Bridgette. The dream seemed to stretch on forever until she changed. A vampire and her eyes were blood red. Her hair wasn't red it was fire burning across his lap. Max didn't care he held her close and tried to tell her that he didn't care as long as she was there he could live.

Instead his tongue seemed glued to his mouth and he wanted to scream in frustration. He was aware that he was no longer holding Bridgette when fangs dug in to his neck. It was a male and it was the one from the vision.

He gorged out Max's heart as he watched and he didn't really care, 'Kill me then. I'll be cast in to hell.' Though all anyone could hear was the first part. "Kill me then," he whispered softly before falling still once more though it was uneasy as if he would wake up at any moment even at the slightest touch.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 am

Victor, as if he could sense Jay's pain, reached back and held her hand. He did not let go until they were both out of the city limits, and the smell of humans was no longer overwhelming. He walked slowly, enjoying the calm of the night air. Bastet even seemed relaxed, or at least, more relaxed than she had been without Moira. Her golden orbs were shining as brightly, but Jay could still see them in the dark. That was a good sign.

"That must be a really old cat. Any vampiric animal would have died by now, without it's master by its side. Too bad she can't talk. I bet her story would be pretty interesting," Victor mused. Bastet mewed in irritation, as if to say she could talk, and it was their fault they couldn't understand her. Victor chuckled, and reached up to pet the cat. She cringed away at first, but did not leap from Jay's shoulders. The werewolf brought his hand gently across her head, and then withdrew his hand. The cat had dug her claws into Jay, but otherwise had made no sign of discomfort. The cat was getting used to her werewolf companions.

"Have you thought about what you want to do with your life?" Victor asked unexpectedly, "I mean, you're living forever now. You could be anything you wanted. You could be a great artist or singer or dancer or writer, or all of them if you really wanted to.".

~~~

Bridgette stared at Max. He was sweating, and muttering. She opened her mouth, but no words came out. She reached out tentatively, her fingers trembling, and just barely touched his bare shoulder. She had completely forgotten that both of them were utterly nude. It didn't even cross her mind. In fact, nothing really crossed her mind. Max was a murderer, a killer. He had spilled innocent blood and been cursed because of it.

Can I be with him? Can I be the mate of someone who has killed an innocent? I have pledged my life to destroy one such as him, and now, can I ally myself with his likeness?

She turned her head as she heard the howl of Cathal. He was asking if he could come, asking if he could come to her. Cathal, her dear brother...

She did not answer him. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:34 am

Jay smiled and enjoyed walking with him. Bastet tentatively letting him pet her was a good sign. Though her claws dug in to her. Jay didn't really mind it. Her mind was still boiling with emotions and thoughts.

Victor's voice reached her through the haze but she didn't speak for a moment, "No, I really haven't given any thought to it. I'm not any good with that stuff though. I've never been artsy and besides anything I want to go in to like fashion I wouldn't be able to now that I am a vampire. Too many lights and people." It was very strange to think that that was the part of the job she had enjoyed.

Being lonely it made you yearn to be with a crowd of people. Though with her own nature she would just like to observe. She spoke suddenly, "Plus that really cute coffee guy wouldn't date me." Ahh coffee. She would never be able to drink the stuff any more. Just dream about the dark hot coffee between her palms to warm them against the cool air. None of it mattered any more and it made her depressed. Did her life even matter at all?

Max stirred and reached out. Though only to place his hand over hers, "I'm sorry." His eyes weren't on her. Just on her hand. He looked dead. His eyes were a bit glazed. Not in death just dulled with nightmare cob webs and pain.

"I know he killed innocents," He took a deep breath, "I'm not like him though. Not one day passes that I don't regret it. I wish with all my might that I had turned back instead of even going there. Refused."

Pulling away he moved his head against the bed, "I can't though." His hands moved up to grab his head and anger flashed across his face. Not at anyone but him self. He looked about ready to tear him self apart. The anger slipped away and he let out a sigh.

"Is there anything I can do? I heard Cathal. Call him if you want," Max had utterly given up, "He wants me dead." He was asking her to call the man that would kill him and by the look on his face he was ready for it. Ready for Cathal to rip his head off.

Max was absorbed in the pain that still seemed to wrack at him. His chest had healed but his heart was gone. His dream haunted him. If he lost her then he would die. That was all there was to it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:49 am

Victor frowned.

"You'd be amazed at what some of the older vampires can do. Did you know Moira is actually a world-famous harpist? She never let anyone see her, just produced CDs. After a while, of course, she had to stop since she had to let the music world think she was dead, but still, Daci and I have some of her CDs. They're incredible. Don't kiss all your dreams goodbye just yet. Moira knows more about it than me. You should talk to her about what you'd like to do," he said thoughtfully. It was odd, hearing him speak so philosophically. He had every appearance of being a mindless, dumb brute. But Jay was beginning to see past that, and by the sound of Bastet's mew, so was she. The giant werewolf put his hand on Jay's shoulder.

"You have an eternity to make a difference, kiddo. Don't waste it," he said soberly. It was then that she remembered that werewolves were not immortal. She remembered that Victor, by all accounts, was not supposed to be alive, yet here he stood. He had never told her his story, but maybe he would now...if she asked.

~~~

Bridgette said nothing, and did not look at his face. She rose, and went to stand by the window. The moon washed it's soft light over her nude body. She looked better. All her color had returned. It was true; she'd have to be careful about the strain on her leg, but she was well on her way to a full recovery.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked. The fire suddenly returned to her eyes, and she rounded on him with all the fury that was so familiar.

"Why didn't you tell me you'd been cursed? Why didn't you explain it? We...None of this mess would have ever happened if you'd just been honest. We could....found a way. I don't know, found a way to lift the curse, but you just...you hid it from me!" she screamed. From the volume of her voice, Max could tell she really was recovering.

"What else are you hiding from me, Max?" she asked. Tears began to form in her eyes. The new, soft, vulnerable Bridgette mixed perfectly with the fiery soul of the one he'd first met.

"Mates don't do that, hide things from each other. What have I kept from you, Max? Nothing! I told you that I probably didn't have long to live because of my vow, and I told you how I felt about you! I was honest, transparent, and what did you do in return for me?" she screamed. Tears streamed down her face, and she collapsed in a chair beside the window. It was a few more minutes before she spoke.

"Do not dishonor Cathal in my presence again. He will not kill you like this. It's not a fair fight. He will wait until you are recovered. He never wanted to kill you in the first place, Max. He just...he just wants to protect me, and love me. He's never done anything else. He didn't mean to hurt me. He was just...angry, and trying to get me out of the way for my own good," she said bitterly.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:55 am

Jay thought about his words. Moira and a harp. It seemed to fit together. She could picture the graceful beautiful Moira sitting on a stool with her thin fingers gliding across the strings and creating magic. Perhaps not real magic but something that humans could feel.

What could she possibly do? She was no harp player.

"Victor what difference have you made? I know you've lived for a very long time," She asked him quietly. Suddenly much more curious about Victor. Despite hanging with Max all the time she didn't have much experience with other werewolves.

Max watched her. Glad that she looked better but dread settled in his stomach when she turned to him. In a way he felt a bit frustrated with her. She hadn't even let him had she? Storming away even before giving him a chance to explain. She had turned away and rejected him on the spot. Couldn't she see that that was what he had been afraid of?

Rising to his feet even as a wave of dizziness passed over him. Forcing him self he came forward and stood beside the chair, "Then let me tell you. Everything I am anything you want. I was afraid of the reaction you gave me a little while ago."

He took a deep shuddering breath, "I was afraid you would leave me. I'm not strong enough Bridgette." He gulped, "I'm not strong enough to live with out you. You've stolen my heart and I don't want it back."

Needing something he reached out to brush her cheek but didn't reach it. Instead carefully removing the tear, "I had a life mate once, though it was never official. Just a bit excepted by the pack. I never said yes. She was not the best of people. A bit like an arranged marriage is sometimes as it was Rank that she chose me. She hated anything that had to do with me. I stood by her though tried my best but was shunned and finally tossed out when Jay came around. She believed I was too weak."

Max thought about it for a moment. Seemingly lost in his memories, "My pack lived far away from here."

Sighing it all seemed so trivial. Wasn't he supposed to be concentrating on the now? She was the now. Closing his eyes he ran the same hand he had brushed a tear from her face with through his hair.

After a moment he opened them and there was determination set in them, "Ask me anything and I will answer with only the truth. I love you and so desperately need you." He paused, "You're my air, Bridgette. With out you I'm the moon. Desolate, lonely, and so far away that I become nothing but an ornament that people can point to."
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm

"Victor what difference have you made? I know you've lived for a very long time,".

"Nothing worthwhile," he snapped. He stopped walking, and sighed, letting out the sudden, unexpected tension that Jay's question had brought on. He put a hand on her head affectionately, and his face was surprisingly soft.

"Sorry, Kiddo," he apologized, ruffling her hair. He leaned against a tree and gazed at her. He looked very pensive, but there was a sorrow about him. The same sorrow she had seen about Daciana.

"I wasn't always a Bloodfang. I was the Beta of the Icefangs, the dominant pack in Hungary. That was 177 years ago, though it seems like a lifetime. I found a rogue wolf hunting in our territory, so I brought her, very roughly I might add, to my Alpha. She was still fairly young, but she said that she was a Bloodfang," he said. He paused, and sighed, running a hand through his thick brown hair.

"The Bloodfangs were the oldest and strongest pack in all of Europe. That's probably what saved her life, honestly. We wolves, especially those of us who follow the ancient code, can be...quite territorial. My Alpha asked her what had happened. Word had traveled that the Bloodfangs had been decimated. She said that not only was she the only survivor, but that she was Alpha," he said. He chuckled at this, remembering the mere black she-pup who had spoken so boldly.

"As you can imagine, my pack called for her immediate death for saying such blasphemy. No she-wolf was ever allowed to be Alpha. It was against the code, but...there was something about her. I asked my Alpha for her life to be spared. I told him I believed her story, and that I felt lead to help her," he said quietly. Now his deep brown eyes darkened.

"I was granted my request, and I have been with Daciana ever since," he said. He looked at Jay and saw the confusion written on her face. It was warranted. Such a request made to an Alpha was unheard of, even Jay, a new vampire knew that.

"The Alpha...was my brother," he said. His voice cracked, and his eyes fell to watch the ground around his feet.

"He died long ago...but still, I remain. Trapped in immortality with Daciana," he said, a bitter smile crossing his lips.

~~~

Bridgette listened to Max's story without anything changing on her face, but when he was done, she smiled, a few tears falling across her flushed cheeks. She stood, and let him wrap his arms around her.

"Go? Where would I go, Max? To Cathal? I don't love him. To solitude? I'm tired of being alone. No, I will stay by you. I will stand beside you. I will fight beside you. I will die beside you. I love you, Max, and I want to be your mate," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:05 am

Tension was struck by her question but Victor quickly recovered. Jay listened to him speak about why he had done all that he had. Daciana was probably the little wolf he talked about. He probably loved her. They had lived together for a very very long time and being only with each other it was certainly possible.

At first she hesitated and then she gave the huge brutish Victor a hug though her arms didn't come near enough to touch each other around him, "You've made a difference to me though. I think that werewolf that healed Bridgette thanks you too."

Pulling away she gave him a bright smile but there was definitely something behind it. She looked as if she was about to say something more but paused and hesitated.

Taking a breath she said, "I guess I haven't really thought about it because I don't really want to," She frowned looking up at him, "I'm immortal too and Max," She gulped, "Well, he isn't. I know he'll live for a long time. Longer then a human but still. I have Moira but Max has always been there for me."

She looked ready to cry though she blinked her eyes rapidly to keep them at bay, " Immortality sucks."

Max was silent. Listening to her and letting things laps in to silence. His eyes were on her now. Looking at her eyes but Bridgette couldn't name the emotion that played across his face. He wasn't even sure he knew him self.

"You will not die by him," Then he kissed her lips gently as if she would break by the simple gesture or perhaps just become dust in his arms. They tightened around her as he pressed his face in to her hair. Closing her eyes. At the same time he tried to push away the dream. She would not become a monster and she would not die.

She would be simply Bridgette and his. Letting out a sigh that felt like all that was going to escape from his tight throat he opened his eyes slowly to stare at her in a bit of wonder. A smile tilted his lips but he was silent. Watching her alive and spirited.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Victor did something uncharacteristic. He grabbed the tiny little vampire girl and wrapped her in his arms. If she wanted to cry, she could cry. If not, well, he'd still hold her.

"They say that's the hardest thing when you're turned. You realize you aren't getting any older, but...well, everyone else around you...we still are," he said. He didn't let her go yet, but continued to talk.

"I know that I don't really have any right to...tell you I know how you feel. I...I don't really, but I do know how hard it was to...to lose my brother. We were only a year apart, and yet, he got older, and I didn't. I have to confess to you, Jay. I was a horrible brother. I couldn't go see him when he was dying. I remembered him young and strong, and since I still was, I couldn't bring myself to see him this old, frail dying wolf. I regret that decision every day," he said. At this, he held Jay a little tighter, and neither spoke for a while.

"You'll be stronger than that; and you're right about Moira. She's been a lone wanderer for a long time, I think, but I know she'll never leave you. Ever. She loves you, Jay, and we'll get her back. Plus..." he said. He pulled Jay away so she was looking at him. A smile spread across his lips.

"I don't mean to gross you out or anything, kiddo, but I think you're forgetting something. If...things continue in the way they are, you may not have Max, but you'll have a golden red pup that will probably be a lot like him. Heck, who knows how many pups you'll have on your hands!" he said with a booming laugh that made Jay shake.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:55 am

She did cry. Red tears welling over as she pressed her face in to his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his big neck. Though she was silent as she listened to him. About his brother and how he regretted it. She knew that it probably wasn't in his right to say that he knew how she felt as she, her self would never leave Max to die on his own. Even though she knew she dreaded him being old.

When he moved she released him and stood looking up at his face. His laugh made her shake but not in fear or him. It was instead fear of the future and a bit grossed out. She smacked him on the arm playfully though even he was surprised by the strength behind it, "That is definitely gross."

She moved away and wiped at her face. Rubbing it clean of the red tinted tears. Taking a deep breath that shuddered as it made it's way out, "First, we get back Moira and then we can talk about little golden red puppies."

Smiling as she felt much better about things plus it was easier just to push all of it aside and concentrate on the present. A bit of a human tendency but she hadn't been a vampire for very long.

"We don't want to be caught in the sun. After all I have to have my three days in the dark before so I don't get all wrinkly and shrivel," She poked her stomach, "Then I wont be able to let any one see me." She smiled at him last time before they set off once more for the cave.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 am

OOC:// Totally forgot to post for Bridge. I'm retarded.

bic://

Bridgette stood up, and pushed him away playfully.

"Come on, if we don't get back to guarding Jay, Daciana will have both our tails. I'm fine, but how are you feeling?" she said. Her stormy ocean eyes narrowed as she looked at him. His skin was healed, but he was still fairly pale.

"We could always eat on our way back," she said thoughtfully. She saw him grin, and frowned.

"Something safe. I've seen you hunt lions before, and you're a complete disaster at it, and even I could use any easy kill," she said. She leaned in to kiss him but stopped, frozen. A howl had sounded in the distance. It was a question. It was Cathal. She stiffened and looked out the window.

"He just wants to see me, to make sure I'm all right...he also wants to set up a date for the...the fight," she said. She couldn't look at him now, but bit her plump pale lips.

"You go on ahead, and I'll speak with him. I can buy us a few extra days after you recover for training. You'll need a couple sparring matches with Victor before you can take Cathal on. I'll help too. I know his fighting style. We've been sparring since our eyes were open," she said. As the last sentence left her lips, her face softened, and a shadow of a smile crossed it. He knew despite all that happened, Bridgette still felt a strong affection for Cathal, though it was not romantic. She turned to him with fiery resolution.

"Go, seriously. I'm not arguing with you," she ordered.

~~~

Victor laughed again, ruffling Jay's hair. Clearly, he didn't mind that he grossed her out. He nodded when she spoke of the sun.

"Yeah, I'd forgotten. I'm new at this whole, turning into a vampire thing, but then, I guess so are you, eh kiddo?" he chuckled. A gleam sparkled in his brown eyes, and he glanced down at her.

"We've only got a little bit before sunset. I better get you back fast. Try not to rip out my fur, ok?" he asked. Before she could respond, the man had shifted into his gigantic, brutish gray wolf and bumped her between her legs, causing her to straddle him, her feet no where near the ground. She gripped onto his fur, and he took off at a dead sprint. She was impressed by his speed, and she could feel how strong his muscles were. They reached the cave, and Victor threw her off gently, lapping at her face with funny sounding barks. The mood shifted in an instant. Daciana stepped out from the shadows of the cave. The wolves began speaking, but of course, Jay couldn't understand.

"Victor, what has gone on? Where are Max and Bridgette? What happened with Cathal?" she asked quickly. Victor frowned, and did not answer. Daciana flicked her tail in agitation. That Jay could understand.

"Maybe I should ask you the same thing, Daci? You stink of corpse, and not just any corpse. The specific corpse that took Moira," he growled. For a moment, the tension in the air was so thick, Jay could hardly breathe. Then, the black she-wolf crouched, and pounced upon her Beta without warning. There was a brief scuffle, snarls and fur and claws, but in only a few moments, the black she-wolf was on top, and she had the Beta, who was twice her size, pinned to the ground, her fangs around his throat. She was obviously not a wolf to be taken lightly, not even for one so powerful as Victor.

"Your disrespect disgusts me. I would have expected more from you, my brother. I think of nothing else but the protection and betterment of this pack. How dare you doubt that!" she roared in fury. Her silver eyes were blazing. The Beta did not move, knowing the penalty if he did, and looked up at her with brown eyes.

"You grow more distant from this pack every day, no, from our very kind. I cannot fathom it, but you are right. I apologize for my disrespect. I know you would never put yourself before the pack. I ask your forgiveness," he said softly. The black she-wolf released him, and barked an order. Victor fled into the night, without looking back at Jay. Daciana shifted, and put on her black robe. She sat down at the edge of the cave. Dawn was almost breaking. The sky was a light gray. She said nothing to Jay, as if she was not even there, and nothing out of the ordinary had happened.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 am

Bridgette's playfulness broke through to his heart and he smiled wickedly as she mentioned hunting. Though when she came to kiss him and his heart skipped a familiar beat a howl could be heard. He frowned at her.

Determination filled his own eyes and he wrapped both arms around her and kissed her lips as he wanted to. Filling it with his love. Pulling away but only so he could look at her he gazed at her eyes. Soon he pressed his face a last time in to her hair.

"I love you. I'll have something for you when you get back and I promise it wont be a mountain lion," One last time he kissed her lips before sliding away and changing. The golden red fur was illuminated by the rising sun. Brushing his golden side against her as if he just couldn't stop touching her before snatching up the backpack of stuff and taking off in to the quickening dawn.

Expertly he had the pack wrapped around his leg as he killed the large deer. A very easy kill in comparison to mountain lions and Cathal. Dragging it he made his way to the cave.

Jay watched in silence and wanted Victor to come back when he had run off. When Victor had changed and raced off she sat down, "Max is coming and Bridgette is meeting with Cathal." It was absent minded even as she stood up and Max came in to view. His shimmering golden coat stained by the blood of the deer.

Hunger didn't rise up. Perhaps she was controlling her self better as she moved forward not for the deer but to safely detach the pack around him. Of course this all happened when he had moved safely in to the shade.

"Change please," She had a pair of pants in her hand and obediently he changed though he was laughing at her. Tugging on the pants before he tugged Jay up in to his arms to hug her tight, "Sorry about that."

Jay smiled but her arms wrapped around his neck, "We've forgotten my birthday."

"That's right officially 17," Max thought a moment, "I don't have a gift for you," He paused and smiled, "Yet."

Jay got out of his arms and moved farther back, "Sorry, sun. Gotta be careful."

Max shrugged. He was getting used to vampire Jay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon and HFCP
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next