Cruentus Luna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruentus Luna

The area of Seattle has been inhabited for almost 4, 000 years. The earliest inhabitants were the Duwamish Tribe, and with them, came their legends of the man-wolf. Werewolves have inhabited this land long before the first Europeans came.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon and HFCP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
HFCP

HFCP

Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Jay's eyes flew back open as Bridgette approached. She talked very low as to not wake Max but he was so out of it gun shot wouldn't have woken him. At least until it threatened someone then he always seemed to be wide awake as if he had never been sleeping.

Jay was silent knowing that if she opened her mouth it would only show the fangs and knew it would not be the best of thing to show among werewolves. She nodded slowly to show she understood and then Bridgette surprised her. Looking at Max as she often seemed to do though this time she choked up in tears.

Bridgette thinks I hate her? She thought but didn't risk talking quiet yet. When Bridgette fled Jay rose to her feet. The huge werewolf nodded and Jay nodded her thanks before following after Bridgette.

She stopped by her though. Looking away in to the forest she spoke as calmly as she could, "Bridgette, I can't hate you. You spared me when I didn't think I should be spared. Besides as far as I'm concerned I have two sisters now. You and Moira. Though I guess you're more of a sister because Max loves you."

Looking at Bridgette she didn't dare smile but her eyes were light hearted despite the red. Not able to stand it any longer she took off at a frightening speed. Hunger giving way to energy. Bridgette kept up easily though as Jay knew she would.

The heard that had been scattered easily by Moira, Bastet, and her was still that way. With the large bull gone they huddled in small groups or some of the larger males fought for leading the heard. The cracking drowned out a lot of noises. Jay's lips parted in a smile that was not exactly friendly.

One of the smaller elks stood farther off as if he was watching but trying not to show too much interest as he chewed grass. Jay slid around until she was behind him and quietly as possible leaped on to it's back. Killing it quickly she dug her fangs in and any near by elk gave a shriek of fear and ran once again.

Just as Moira had taught her. Drinking her fill she slid down from the beast and wiped her face clean of blood. Her eyes resumed the same coloring of blue and when she smiled at Bridgette there was no trace of blood or fangs.

"At first I thought you were bad for Max you know," She frowned, "I know that I am but I think maybe you are a good thing. He's in a pack again. Where he belongs." She walked but it was faster then any human could normally walk. A bit lost in her own thoughts as she gazed at the different colors that were in the night. Everything was so pretty now it was hard to think that Moira had been taken and they were living in a cave. Though she accepted she was a vampire.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:11 pm

"Bridgette, I can't hate you. You spared me when I didn't think I should be spared. Besides as far as I'm concerned I have two sisters now. You and Moira. Though I guess you're more of a sister because Max loves you."

The red she-wolf looked up in surprise, and resisted the urge to press her head lovingly into Jay's side. She'd seen enough hungry vampires to know that it wasn't wise to tempt the fledglings. They weren't used to the intense bloodlust, and she wasn't about to tempt fate. Still, the wolf ran close by Jay and when she attacked the elk, it was the wolf's snarl that sent the others running. She didn't want Jay hurt while she was feeding.

"At first I thought you were bad for Max you know...I know that I am but I think maybe you are a good thing. He's in a pack again. Where he belongs."

The red she-wolf growled deeply, and looked at her. Shaking her head, she shifted, looking rather sheepish.

"Sorry, I forgot you don't speak wolf. Thank you...for...not hating me," she said. Bridgette floated through the woods beside her with ease. She certainly never had any trouble keeping up.

"Though you might not want me as a sister. Aslin says I'm the bane of his existence," she added with bitter chuckle. But her dark blue eyes deepened, and she frowned.

"I don't think I'm good for him, Jay. I think...I mean, I don't think he should...love me. I...may not be alive much longer, and the closer he gets to me, the worse it'll be. I tried to push him away, honest. He's just....well, he's really kind of a stubborn jack-ass, you know?" she said slowly. She wasn't looking at Jay, and the only thing she seemed upset about was Max. Her death she was completely comfortable with, and had no protests about it.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Jay laughed and though it sounded strange even to her ears she didn't start at it, "Yes, I know full well Max is a stubborn jack-ass but I trust him."

She looked up at Bridgette, "He wont let you die. You would be surprised by him. He may not be as fast as you or as powerful as Victor but he is stubborn and will flat out refuse to give up. There is no maybe with him."

A smile pressed her features, "Besides Max is the bane of my existence if I can deal with him nearly killing him self on a daily basis then I can have you as my sister. You know I know what Moira meant when she said that I have a lot more family then I know." Pain flashed across her features and she slid her hand in to Bridgette's squeezing it lightly, "Will Moira be okay? You were talking about her when Victor came back."

It seemed that she knew already though as she looked down at her feet. Bastet was not the same and there was a deep connection between Moira and her. Even so she trusted the alpha and knew that if Bastet was alive then Moira was but that also meant that if something bad was happening to her then Bastet would not be happy.

More then that they had been talking in wolf of which she understood nothing of so it probably wasn't good news about her, "I trust that Max will help bring Moira back. He cares too much about everyone else but him self. Even if he can't save you," She looked up but her eyes were still clouded, "Care about him for now. He needs it." She squeezed Bridgette's hand again before looking down.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Bridgette squeezed Jay's hand back affectionately. It was cold, but she didn't mind so much. Her hand surely felt ridiculously warm to the vampire anyway. Vampires ran cold. Wolves ran hot. It was just hot things were.

"Yeah...yeah, I will. I don't really think I have much of a choice, caring for him. I'm probably a selfish, horrid she-wolf, but I can't help it. I really do love him, even if he is a stubborn jack-ass," she said, chuckling a little. Her heart had fluttered when Jay said Max wouldn't let her die. She knew the vampire would have heard it, but she said nothing on the subject. Instead, she turned to speak of Moira.

"I'll be honest with you, Jay. You deserve at least that much from me. Kristof has her. I've fought that vampire before, and he's no push-over. I mean, he's old, really old. Plus, he's got just about as many mindless vampire guards as Winslow does. But...I don't think that's it. He has some...connection with Daciana. I think it has to do with her prophecy. See...the legends..." Bridgette stopped, and broke into laughter. She covered her mouth, looking apologetic.

"I'm sorry, Jay!" she said between gasps, "It's just telling...well, a vampire the sacred legends of the Children of the Moon is about as blasphemous as you can get, or at least, I once thought so. My views on blasphemy have recently changed. I'm sorry; I'll continue,". She took a few deep breaths, and regained her composure.

"Legend says that sometimes a special wolf is born, a wolf who is supposed to do something out of the ordinary. You follow me? Well, that wolf has a prophecy. It is given to them by a Seer, like Caitire and Daciana, and that wolf is supposedly immortal until the wolf can fulfill their prophecy. They aren't allowed to age and die like normal wolves, see?" she explained. Jay seemed to understand, so Bridgette kept going.

"Well, from what I...have gathered, Daciana and Victor have been hunting Kristof for...over two hundred years. Wolves...we don't live that long. The oldest of us reach maybe a hundred and twenty, but over two hundred, and to still look that young? It's unheard of. So, with that knowledge, I think that Kristof might be the only one who knows Daciana's prophecy. Granted, I have no idea how that came about but...it's the only logical theory...if any of this is logical," she said quietly. She sighed, thinking of Moira.

"I told you that, to tell you this. Kristof having Moira...it's not a good thing, Jay. We won't be able to just rush in there and rescue her. In fact, we may very well have to wait a good while before we make our move. Kristof is not to be taken lightly, and he's one sick bastard. He won't let her go easily, if at all while he's still breathing," she said. She was frowning. She knew it would be hard for Jay to hear, so she squeezed her hand again.

"He won't hurt her, Jay. I'm sure of that. Daciana knows Kristof, better than she wants, I'll wager. If Daciana thought Moira was in danger, we'd all be storming his manor now, blood-bath or not. Now...Bastet, I'm not sure what Daciana will decide to do. I don't think vampiric animals are supposed to be away from their...makers for extended periods of time...but maybe we can make that work to our advantage..." she said slowly. She frowned, and her eyes darkened.

Daciana knows Kristof....and Bastet needs to be with Moira. Well, what if we hand-delivered the cat to Kristof by way of vampire? Or by way of Jay, more specifically? Would she be all right? It'd give Jay a chance to see Moira, and a chance for Moira to give Jay any more last minute tips. At least, she'd be able to see her. It's better than nothing...until we can get Moira away from that monster...

Bridgette kept her thoughts to herself. There was no point getting Jay's hopes up if Daciana didn't agree. Of course, there would be Max, but surely he would listen to Daciana? She sighed, and brushed her wild, untamed locks of fiery red hair away from her face. The cave was in sight. Victor was trotting out to meet them.

"Any sign of Daciana?" he barked. Bridgette frowned and shook her head at the wolf standing in front of her.

"No. She isn't back yet? That's...strange, isn't it?" she asked the wolf. It was a one way conversation for Jay, kind of like listening to someone who was talking on the phone, except it was a huge, hairy wolf.

"Not for Daci. She'll get back when she feels like it, but she won't leave us here for long. She's accomplishing something productive, if I know her at all," he said gruffly. Bridgette nodded, and turned to Jay.

"She isn't back yet, but she should be here soon. You want to go wake up Max? We could dump cold water on him?" she said with a giggle. He'd had enough sleep for a werewolf anyway.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 am

Jay listened quietly and thought of the irony that she had such humiliation now instead of her haughty self centered self. Things grew serious and Bridgette laughed. She smiled though and waited until she explained her self.

"It's fine I know how you used to be," Jay reminded her quietly before she continued. A troubled look settled over her features and she nodded at the appropriate times. They grew quiet and both thought over what Bridgette said. How would they get Moira back?

Jay set her mind instead on letting the werewolves figure it out and be eager to help in any way she could. When they approached the cave she was briefly confused until Bridgette half explained.

"She moved farther away a while ago," Jay looked confused as if they should have known that but she smiled at Bridgette, "Don't let him hear you say that. He'll jump up and tip the bucket on you."

Max seemed to have already heard them. As he came out he picked up Bridgette's robes and smiled as he walked closer, "Well, I'm pretty sure there isn't any buckets in the middle of the forest." Smiling at Bridgette and Jay he strode closer to them.

It felt like his time with Bridgette was closing. As if something was going to snatch her away. She thought that she was supposed to die soon and it involved the things with Moira. In a way he was more glad that they would have to wait then anything now.

Jay released Bridgette's hand and pranced over hitting him hard in the chest, "Did you even sleep at all?"

Max rubbed his chest in surprise but smiled at her, "Yes I did but we werewolves don't need much sleep. We need food more then sleep."

Jay frowned, "Is Bastet okay?"

"Yes, she is still in the back," Max frowned back at her and Jay hurried inside. Max approached Bridgette, "So we wait?" His question was simple but his eyes were intense on hers as if the answer had more meaning. He looked much better. There was no longer circles beneath his eyes but a sort of tiredness still lingered about him. As if he carried the weight of the world.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:21 pm

Bridgette looked at Jay with large, curious eyes. How'd a vampire know where their pack member was more than the pack themselves? She resisted the urge to shiver. She had to remember that Jay was on their side, and if the vampire had some sort of sixth sense, well, all the better for them. She couldn't help but smile brightly as Max approached. Something in her heart grew warm, a feeling she was unused to, but loved. The red-haired woman slipped on her robe, and turned to Victor. The Beta shifted, apparently out of civility towards Jay, which was new for him, and put on his strange oriental looking wrap. Crossing his hands over his chest, he leaned back on the cave wall.

"You look like you've been thinking," he grunted. Bridgette have him a half-smile, and her cheeks flushed a bit, but she nodded.

"You and Daciana know Kristof better than anyone. All of us know that no vampiric creature can be away from its maker for very long without dissolving in a pile of ash," she said. Something brightened in Victor's deep brown eyes.

"You want a reconaissance mission...and you want to send Jay," he said. Bridgette nodded, gulped, and turned to look at Max.

"Max, I'm almost positive that Kristof won't hurt her, or...detain her. Jay will just go and give Bastet back. She can tell us the lay-out of Kristof's manor, and we would have a huge advantage. If there is any risk to Jay at all, I'm sure Daciana won't let her go. Plus, with every Bloodfang basically on Kristof's doorstep, I don't think even that slimy bastard would try and pull anything," she said all in a rush. She squinted, as if ready for Max to strike her, though she was more afraid of what he was going to say than anything else. She didn't want him to think she didn't care about Jay. The girl..well, new vampire had accepted her as a sister, and for Bridgette, that was something worth dying for. She never would have even suggested it if she thought Jay would be in danger. She looked over her shoulder.

"Jay, this centers around you, so what do you think?" she asked. Maybe if Max flew off the handle, Jay could talk some sense into him. If that failed, well, Bridgette could always beat sense into him, lovingly, of course.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Max was stunned. After all that they were just going to send Jay off to return a cat? He couldn't even say no he was so stunned. Standing there with a blank look on his face.

"Yeah, I can do that. Besides I might get to see Moira," Jay agreed full heatedly and that snapped him out.

His arms went around Jay fast but he looked more like he was going to cry more then he was going to squeeze the life out of her, "No, no, no, no, no." He repeated to her.

Jay giggled and he looked astonished. He hoisted her off the ground to his level,"I wont let you go. I'll tie you on to my back if I have to."

Laughing she reached out and touched his face, "You've done that before and it didn't work out well when I was human so how do you think that's going to work now. Besides I know a bit more about my self then you think. I used to do research on them and I found out that fledglings are fueled by there human blood and this makes them very strong. I'll be fine."

Max hugged her to his chest again but Jay spoke more, "Besides don't you think Bridgette knows what she's doing?"

Sighing he set her back on her feet, "Fine but I don't have to be happy about it." Jay poked him hard in the chest but it made him smile, "I believe you. You don't have to give me a bruise." He rubbed his chest briefly and changed.

Jay turned to Bridgette, "Will you please get him some clothes soon? Seeing him naked is kind of freaking me out." She smiled but a blush of blood that wasn't truly hers rose to her face.

Max rolled his eyes and butt his head against her leg as if telling her to get used to it. "So Daciana will decide?" Though Jay couldn't tell their was a determined edge to his voice. There was no way he was going to let Jay go or at least not by her self.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:56 am

Bridgette crossed the cave quickly and placed her hand firmly on Max's shoulder in comfort.

"Max, if I thought there was any danger at all to Jay, I'd fight the Alpha myself," she said. Victor growled from across the room.

"Watch what you say, pup, else your tail get bitten off," he snarled. Bridgette whirled around, her fiery hair swirling like a wildfire around her.

"I'll say what I damn well please, and you're too much of a brute to even catch a hair of my tail. So if I have to fight you, before I fight, Daciana, then so be it," she snapped fiercely. Victor crossed his enormous arms in front of him, and frowned.

"Then we best hope our little fledgling isn't in any danger, and that Daciana agrees with you," he replied. Bridgette nodded briefly, and turned around, completely ignoring him.

"Max, Jay says Daciana is a bit farther away than we expected. We probably have more than enough time to run to town and get you something suitable to wear. We can talk more about this on the way. Until then, let's just wait to see what Daciana decides," she said. She leaned upwards, gave him a slight peck on the cheek, and whisked out of the cave. She shifted, and the red she-wolf waited for him to follow. Victor shook his head.

"I knew that one was trouble from the moment I saw her," he complained. Bastet hissed ferociously, as if defending Bridgette, but of course, no one could really tell. The cat had perched herself on Jay's shoulder, and was sitting crouched, as though she were very frightened. Maybe that meant Moira was...
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 pm

"So did I," Max tossed to Victor before changing swiftly and padding out of the cave. He shoved his nose in to her fur briefly. As usual he prefered not to say anything in his wolf form instead as he pulled back his eyes were full of warmth and caring.

The moon had gone as if Daciana her self had called it away with her howl. The stars were few as slim clouds slunk through their ranks. He gathered him self with this. Noting the light wind that brushed across his muzzle and the sounds of the creatures of night. Yet his body felt it's pull towards running with Bridgette.

He picked up the rythm and set off. His head low as he ran hard. In a way he felt jealouse that Bridgette could out run anything but at the same time it made him happy. She could protect her self.

"Thank you," Max turned his head towards her. She was close to him. Running easily beside him, "I know you care for her too. She was always trying to convinse me to tell you how I felt about you." He felt awkward but at the same time stronger. His paws thudding against the ground and the smooth motion of his muscles.

Jay instantly lost interest in the pack and was looking at the cat. Her hands rose and she petted the cat gently. An idea struck her and she sat down quickly. Then pulled Bastet gently to her lap. Looking in to his face she spoke, "Bastet I know you can understand me so maybe you can talk to Moira. Tell her I'm coming. I'm coming to take you to her. Tell her, my family is coming to save her."

Not even knowing if it worked or not she stroked her hands across the cat and tried to calm it as best she could. Though not knowing what the danger was or how to fix it was hard to try and comfort someone with. In a way she wished that she could talk to Bastet too but it was Moira's partner and that was special to her.

"Victor, maybe you can catch a mouse? It might help Bastet calm down if she has something to drink," Her eyes rose to Victor in a bit of desperation. She couldn't think of anything else and they needed Daciana back soon.

((Okay, sense you said that we can't really go any where. Would you like if Cathal dropped by on Bridgette and Max to livin things up for a little while longer?))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:20 pm

OOC:// Great idea...Wink

bic://

Bridgette smiled, her fangs gleaming. She loved running side by side with Max. She pressed closer to him. Neither tripped, stumbled, or even had to change their rhythm. They ran perfectly in sync, and she relished in it.

"I know you care for her too. She was always trying to convince me to tell you how I felt about you."

Bridgette laughed softly, but her wolf face became sober quickly.

"She called me a sister, when she has every right to call me crazy, rabid stray mutt. I'll die before any harm comes to her, Max. She's family now, and I protect my family," she said. Her last sentence was with such fervor that it would have even turned Kristof's hard heart cold with fright. Bridgette had lost family before, and Max knew she would die before she let it happen again. Suddenly, Bridgette wheeled in front of him, causing him to screech to a halt. A familiar scent filled their nostrils.

"Cathal..." she whispered. Her voice held some horror in it that Max didn't yet understand. The two wolves stopped and stood side by side in the dark, waiting. It wasn't long before the dark gray male trotted out of the shadows. His steel colored eyes were lit up for a moment as he looked on Bridgette, but they darkened with a horrifying hardness when he say Max.

"What do you want, Cathal?" Bridgette asked sharply, breaking the silence like the crack of a whip. The male's ears flattened, and he sniffed the air.

"I was just...checking on you, Bridge. You smell like corpse. Is that leech close by?" he asked. Bridgette's red fur stood on end, and her back arched. A menacing growl left her curled lips.

"We don't check on each other anymore, Cathal. We are not pack members, you and I. You have no business here," she warned. Cathal's lips curled into a snarl as he looked at Max, and then more, as he looked at the path the two wolves had taken.

"That corpse, the reason you had to leave....it's somewhere close....if it were gone, you could"

Cathal never finished his sentence. The red she-wolf had already pounced. Cathal had seen Bridgette's speed before, but just because he had seen it, didn't mean he could counter it. The she-wolf ripped into his shoulder, and tore off a hunk of flesh. The male roared in fury, and lunged at her exposed neck. She had scrapped with him too many times to fall for that though. He never even touched her fur. In a flash, she was on his other side, and used all her body force to throw him to the ground. Before Cathal could regain his balance, she had him pinned, her teeth around his throat.

Neither spoke for a while. The two wolves, locked in time, just panted heavily. Finally Bridgette's eyes softened.

"You won't harm her, Cathal. Do you understand me?" she said. Her voice was muffled, as she had his throat in her mouth, but her words were understood. The male squirmed, but she tightened her grip, making him yelp.

"Fine...fine, you've beaten me. You have my word. I'll never lay a fang on her," he snarled. Bridgette growled again.

"Swear it," she ordered. Cathal looked at Max, and the hatred in his eyes was such as he had never seen.

"I swear by our Mother, I'll never hurt the leech," he growled. Bridgette let go, and backed up to stand beside Max. She never turned her back on Cathal. He picked himself up, and shook his fur, sending blood droplets to splatter the grass on his left side. He stood very stiffly, looking at Bridgette and then back at Max. Apparently, he was trying to make up his mind what his next course of action would be. Bridgette stepped closer to Max, her fangs bared.

ooc:// That lively enough? Wink

~~~

Bastet's golden orbs glowed for a moment as Jay spoke, and then they dimmed, but not as much as they had before. The cat stopped shaking, and began to lick Jay's fingers affectionately. Victor grunted something about pet-sitting, but left the cave. He returned in a few minutes, but instead of a mouse, he held a young deer. It was kicking, and screaming, and he threw it at the back of the cave. Bastet met it in mid-air, and crushed it's throat. She drank greedily, but stopped before the animal was dead. The cat licked her paws, and went to lay down apathetically. It was as if she had lost her apppetite. The young deer was weak, but still alive. It couldn't stand, but it continued to bleat helplessly. Victor groaned in disgust.

"Put it out of it's misery, please," he scowled. He sniffed the air, and grew tense. The smell of a strange wolf...and blood filled his nostrils, and Jay's too. He said nothing, but stood by the cave, ready for whatever came through the shadows.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Max reveled in the fierce tone of her voice. When she stopped in front of him he stopped. He smelt the brute as she said his name. They waited and soon enough his large head appeared through the brambles.

He let out a low growl as Cathal gazed at Bridgette then moved to him self. Max's hackles raised and a low growl waited in his throat as he realized where Jay was. Though when he threatened Jay Max didn't react fast enough. Bridgette was on him in moments.

Max watched helpless for the moment but Bridgette had him pinned. Max took a few paw steps forward. His ears perked up as Cathal swore to the mother that he would not harm Jay. Her red pelt peeled off of him and she stood next to Max.

Never once did her eyes leave him as he stood and shook his pelt. His gaze switched from Bridgette to Max and just as Bridgette stepped closer so did he, "I suggest you leave, Cathal. You have no place here."

Perhaps there was a feral need to claim his life mate or perhaps deep down he was itching to fight the brute but he moved closer to Bridgette and their pelts brushed. A mixture of red and gold and a clear sign that Max was not about to lose Bridgette and especially not to him.

Though he didn't say anything more. This was in respect to what Cathal and Bridgette's relationship had been. He wasn't about to have Bridgette angry at him for talking down to one of her former pack mates. That wasn't the Max thing to do.

Jay frowned also. She didn't like anything to suffer. She moved forward and sank her own teeth in to the deer. Drinking it until the bleating died and it lay still. The smell of the strange wolf met her and she looked up at Victor.

He said nothing so she said nothing. Gently she picked up the deer and walked to stand beside Victor. She wasn't about to just stand in the background. Besides the smell of the now dead deer that she held in her arms and the sweater of Max's disguised her scent well.

Though of course the markings on the neck could not be hidden except by well placed hands. Finally she broke the silence, "What are you going to do Victor?" Victor didn't seem to like anyone except for Daciana but it didn't feel right to ignore him all the time. She may have been a kid but she had been through a lot more then most grown ups went through in a life time.

((Oh, yes ^^))
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:49 pm

"I suggest you leave, Cathal. You have no place here."

The wolf looked confused for a moment, shocked that Max would say such a thing. Bridgette tensed. She knew Cathal's temper. It would have been better for Max to have been silent. It took a few moments for the dumbstruck look to leave Cathal's face, but when it did, it was replaced with a rage that not even Bridgette had seen. His eyes glazed over, and tinted red. He had gone into bloodrage.

"Cathal!"

Bridgette tried to snap him out of it, but it was too late. The wolf lunged, and because of her surprise, Bridgette was caught in his jaws. His fangs closed around her right leg, and a large snap preceded a yelp of pain from the red she-wolf. Cathal threw her behind the two males, and she slammed against a tree trunk so hard, the tree nearly snapped. Bridgette tried to get to her feet, but she blacked out, and yelped as she put pressure on her broken leg.

"YOU! You think you have any right to order me around! Bridgette is mine, you piece of shit, and I'll kill you. I'll kill you and take her back where she belongs, with her real family," he roared. He started to circle Max, foam dripping from his open jaws. Bridgette, who was fighting for consciousness, knew what was coming. She knew what Cathal was about to do. He was about to invoke a sacred right.

"I claim Bridgette as my life-mate. She is mine, and always will be. If you would challenge that, then you must claim her as your's..." he said, drool dripping from his blood-thirsty fangs, "and then....then, dog, we fight to the death."

Bridgette's leg was screaming with pain, and she had hit her head hard on the tree. A long slash on the back of her head was bleeding profusely, but she still struggled to get up. She couldn't let this happen. No more death...no more death.

"Max, no...please" she sputtering, blood dripping from her mouth. She collapsed, but was still struggling. She had to stop them. She didn't want either of them dead. Max was her love, her very soul. Cathal...he was still her brother, and she loved him as a sister. It didn't matter what he did to her; she couldn't hate him, ever.

~~~

The air suddenly thickened, at least it did for Victor. Jay could see his muscles tense.

"You and I are staying here. I think one of the Darkfangs is challenging Max for the right to mate with Bridgette. It's a life and death match. I don't know the Darkfang, but he's already wounded. Max has the advantage but...wait..." Victor said. He sniffed the air again, and he jolted.

"Bridgette's been hurt. She's bleeding..." he said. His face contorted for a moment, but he made up his mind quickly.

"My job by my Alpha is to keep you safe above all else. We'll have to trust in the stubbornness of both Max and Bridgette. We're staying here," he said firmly. Victor was much bigger, and more powerful than Max. Jay wouldn't be able to escape from his grasp, at least not in time to make a difference. This fight would be over quickly, for better or for worse.

ooc:// You know...I was going to just have Cathal leave but...I think this is cooler...XD
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:17 am

Max was taken by surprise but when he Cathal lunged he had been prepared but Bridgette had stepped in to the way. He yelped as if he felt her pain at the snap that could be heared. The trees shook and anger welled up upon him. Instead of blood rage darkness seemed to be sucked in to him. The gold it's self seemed stained with blood of the night.

"You hurt her!" He growled numbly and began to circle him back. He let out a ferouciouse bark at the challenge but Bridgette reached him. Her voice was weak but still she struggled to rise.

"I wont fight you Cathal! Bridgette has suffered enough. She can choose me if she wishes or you can kill me now. You are her pack mate. A brother and I must respect that before any ancient rite you put forth," He growled but his voice was booming. As if the dark aura made him louder, "She is not meat to be fought over!"

It ebbed and he sat down tilting his head down. Forcing his hackles to fall he stared at Cathal. Willing him to attack. Failure set in. He had failed to protect Bridgette. He let out a low whine and turned his back on Cathal.

Turning towards Bridgette, "Forgive me. I didn't protect you." His ears were laid flat but the gold still seemed stained. Even with his back turned he wasn't left totaly exposed. Instead of the blue that his eyes were usualy they were black. Taking a paw step forward though he hesitated.

He did a shimmy and was turned around facing Cathal again but was putting his body between him and her, "I wont let you hurt her again." Lowing his head the darkness gathered again and his hackles raised as he let out a growl.

"Bridgette's hurt!" Jay nearly wanted to lung around him but she contained her self, "If, if things go bad go save them please." Her eyes filled with tears, "I can follow and stay hidden so you don't go against your alpha."

She couldn't lose them. They were her family. If this wolf hurt Max she her self would rip the welp to pieces. She was stunned by her thoughts though she wanted already to give the wolf a piece of her mind for even touching Bridgette.

Jay sat down and closed her eyes. Consintrating on that sixth sense. Though she realized that it was soon clouded with werewolves all over the area. She narrowed it to thoughs she recognized and found them. It was more like watching blips on a radar. She couldn't actualy see what was happening but could find there location easy.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:35 am

Cathal actually threw back his head and laughed. The sound of it was psychotic. The wolf had broken; that was certain. He wasn't thinking clearly. Bridgette forced herself to her paws, and gritted her fangs together. She limped a few paces towards Max before she collapses in a gasps of pain.

"No, Max, listen to me. You don't understand," she gasped between painful intakes of breath. Cathal laughed again, and started to approach the two wolves.

"How could he, Bridge? He's a stray! A mutt! A worthless dog! How could he know the sacred ways of Our Mother? I doubt even She would claim him," he roared in laughter. Bridgette was too weary from blood loss to snarl at him. All her energy was focused on Max, on warning him.

"Max, please, this has been a sacred tradition in the pack families for as long as their have been werewolves. We've been choosing our mates for a few centuries, but once in a while-" she sputtered through the blood in her mouth. Cathal looked at her, and his face darkened. He did not rejoice in her pain, but he had done what he had to to get her out of the way. She would never let them fight for her as the ancient wolves once did. She would have to be incapacitated, and he had accomplished that. She would recover, of course. He would never endanger her life. No, he had actually tried to do the exact opposite.

"Once in a while, dog, one wolf will be desired by two wolves. The ancient right, our ancient right is to fight, and fight until one of us is dead. Bridgette goes to the winner. Even she will not deny the code," he snapped. Bridgette closed her eyes and began to tremble.

"He's right, Max. It's the code. Don't accept his challenge. It's the only way you won't have to fight him. Please, no killing. No more death. I can't take it," she pleaded. Her ocean eyes were storming with bitterness towards Cathal. If Max did as she asked, and did not accept his challenge to the death, she would be forced to be Cathal's life-mate. She loved Max, but she would rather be Cathal's whore, than Max's widowed lover. Cathal laughed again as Max realized how black and white the situation was.

"Well, dog, what is your answer? Will you do as my love requests, and give her to me? Or will you kill me, her own pack brother, in front of her?" he roared cruelly. Bridgette shut her eyes, and began to shake more. Her state of extreme stress was causing her to lose more blood. Fast. Max had to choose quickly.

~~~
Victor cursed foully as the smell of Bridgette's lost blood flooded their nostrils even more. He held out his hand in front of Jay, but he was so tense, she could see every vein in his arm.

"Not yet...not yet," he muttered through gritted teeth. He had to give Max the chance to beat the other wolf, and look after Bridgette. He also knew the code. He knew he had no right to interfere. This was between Max and whoever that Darkfang was.

"She'll live...if he hurries, but we stay. Just wait a little longer," he whispered. It was taking all his strength not to shift into his wolf form, but he knew he needed to communicate with Jay. He was having just as much trouble staying put as she was. He may not have particularly liked the two wolves, but they were his pack, and he protected his pack. But this....this was code, and it must be honored.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Max did realize that the situation was dire. He needed to take care of Bridgette and Cathal had just become the scum of the earth. Standing up tall he bark loud. His voice still amplified by the darkness, "I don't except your challenge and neither do I except the ancient right. I am not an ancient wolf and I have broken the code before. If Mother wishes for me to pay for what I have done then so be it. I will except that," He let out a growl that echoed, "I will not except Bridgette's pain."

He wasn't done yet though. He lunged forward as the darkness stirred in excitement. Though strangely enough he changed and fell short though the darkness lashed out like a whip. Slicing through the tender flesh of Cathal's nose. Angrily it returned to Max and he crouched as it weaved around him. Changing quickly he backed away.

Licking the side of Bridgette's muzzle before he pulled her up gingerly by the scruff of her neck. "No," She could hear him murmur before a strange hiss rose off of him. With out a second glance at Cathal he plunged in to the forest. Not heading towards Jay and Victor but the hotel.

He was faster as the darkness fueled his muscles and it wasn't far off. With a mighty leap he went through the window and danger tape covered him. Shaking it off he went to the room. Simply breaking the door to get it. Setting Bridgette on the floor he moved forward.

Changing, though he didn't bother to put on pants, he stuffed anything else in the bag. Finally he tugged on pants and sat down to scoop her close to his chest. He wanted to say something but wasn't sure what. Finally he spoke, "I love you." It was all he said as he waited. Cathal would come he was sure of it. Demanding that he obey the code. He had a plan though. A dire one but one that he hoped would work.

Jay stood up fast, "Victor there heading away! Please, take me. You can shift. I can tell you if Daciana is going to come back and I know where he is!" She reached up and grabbed on to the man's arm.

Her eyes were on his face and her face was full of anguish. She couldn't lose either of them. Though he eyes seemed unfocused. As if she was gazing at them and not him at all. It was actualy true. She was following there treck through the forest. It was strange that she couldn't even tell where she was. Obviously her sixth sense only applied to werewolves.

It made her shudder. If one of the vampires found out that she could tell exactly where any werewolf was at any given time then they would definatly want her. So far no one really knew though. It was better that way but the pack should know.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Bridgette shifted as Max lay her on the bed, either because she willed it, or simply because she had no strength left, he didn't know. But it was bad. Her right leg was twisted in an abnormal way. Her femur, the strongest bone of the human body, was shattered. Part of the bone was sticking out of her thigh, and the blood poured. She was shaking uncontrollably from the shock, and the gash on her head was also soaking the pillow deep red. She was coughing, hard, and she was coughing up blood. Max looked at her side. A large, sickening colored bruise was rising on the soft, pale skin over her ribs. She was bleeding internally. What worried Max the most, were her eyes. They were glazed over, as if she were already dead, and they were roving, unable to focus on anything.

"Max...Ma...Max," she sputtered painfully. Her eyes were still roaming as if she couldn't see him. Maybe she couldn't, but she was still trying to warn him. Suddenly, she lurched up, and threw up over the side of the bed. It was all blood. She was drowning in it. She fell back on the bed, and began convulsing. Before Max could think what to do, a white wolf rushed into the room. It shifted, and a ghostly looking female now kneeled at Bridgette's side. She brushed back Bridgette's tangled, blood-matted hair, and looked worried.

"Sssh, ssh, I'm here. It's Caitire, darling. I'm here. Ssshh, sshh," she whispered soothingly. Bridgette's roving eyes focused on Caitire's face for half a second, and then continued to rove wildly about the room. She was still trying to say Max's name.

"I know, darling. I'll take care of him. Rest now, Bridgette. Rest," she whispered again. Her voice seemed to soothe Bridgette and a bit, but she was still convulsing. The Seer of the Darkfang pack looked up at Max with bright purple eyes.

"Go quickly. She needs flesh, and the plant nightshade, as much of the plant as you can find. Do you know what it looks like?" she commanded in a rush. Nightshade was poison to humans, sickening to vampires, but healing for werewolves. Bridgette cried out, but not in pain. Caitire frowned, and her eyes darkened a deeper purple.

"Cathal will hunt you until you and he perform the ancient right of blood-claim. It must be done, but if you tell him that Bridgette's life is in danger, he will let the right be postponed. Now go, quickly!" she ordered again.

~~~

Victor was silent for a few minutes. He was Beta, and Daciana wasn't here. He had the right to make a decision. He looked at Jay and nodded.

"All right, but you have to do as I say or we stay put. I'm not shifting. You will follow me. I know you're faster, but you stay behind me, or I swear, I'll drag you back here kicking and screaming. We'll get to them as quickly as possible. You tell me which way to go if I lose their scent," he ordered. His voice was low, and she could hear the worry in it.

Bastet mewed, and buried herself into Jay's arms. Apparently, the cat was going to.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:58 am

Max growled angrily at first but the white wolf knew Bridgette's name so he stilled the darkness that roved around him. She spoke quickly but his eyes were full of agony as he gazed at Bridgette.

"Yes, I know what it looks like," He was no healer but he had needed it a few times, "I'll tell him." Max moved forward swiftly and cupped Bridgette's face with his hands. Gently he kissed her, "Don't leave me Bridgette."

He shuddered as he turned away. He couldn't stand her eyes. The fierceness he loved was gone. This time the darkness seemed to be leading him. Leaping back through the window he hit the ground running as a wolf. The dark swirled with a wind of it's own and he followed it. A female mountain lion. Perhaps the mate of the other they had killed. It was eating from another deer.

Instead of messing around he leaped on to the mountain lions back. Taken by surprise it barely had time for a hiss as he snapped it's neck. The darkness fled him and 'feasted' on the blood of the deer.

"Sorry," He murmured as it faded from him. Shaking his large golden head raised it and let out a tremendous howl. It carried a message for Cathal, "Bridgette is dieing." With that he concentrated on where to find nightshade. Luckily a smell hit him just as an idea did.

Setting off once more he found his way in to a graveyard. Too far away from humans to be used any longer. There was a large plant of nightshade. He plucked the plant with his teeth. Carefully removing everything he could. Running as hard as he could he made it back to the mountain lion. Slitting the stomach open he stuffed the nightshade inside.

Carefully picking it up he set off once more for Bridgette. Glad that wolves couldn't cry because they definitely would have been getting in the way. His anger was spent. All he could think about was her. She had tried to say his name and she couldn't even get that out. Her beautiful skin marred and her eyes. Her eyes tore at his heart and a whimper rose in his throat.

Jay was glad the cat was coming. It was like Moira was there watching her as well, "I will but if there is no danger when we get to them then I can go see them." She placed her hand on his back.

She knew that her hand was cold especialy sense his back was very very hott. It was simply a way of telling Victor that she was right behind him. Positioning Bastet better in her arms, "Let's go."

Plus, then she could close her eyes as she did now. She knew they had split but it was best to head towards Bridgette. Max would return to her no matter what if she knew him at all.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Bridgette's life...in danger?

The dark gray wolf screeched to a halt. He had been about to cut Max off and ambush him, but not now. Now he stopped, and stood still, panting in the dark.

Bridgette...no, she can't be. I...I only broke her leg, didn't I? No wolf would die of a broken leg...

He sniffed the air and realized how much blood Bridgette had lost in the woods, how much she still might be losing. He shuddered, and began to tremble, but not from fear. A rage built inside Cathal such as he had never known.

It's his fault...it's that stupid mutt's fault. Bridgette and I would be mates by now if he hadn't ever showed up. It's his fault she had to leave the pack. It's his fault I had to get her out of the way. It's really his fault she's in danger...

His eyes glazed over again, and he returned the howl, though it was much more ominous.

I'm going to kill you.

~~~

As Max burst back in with the lion, Caitire sighed in relief.

"Thank the Mother. She won't calm down, not unless you're here. She'll literally kill herself worrying about you. Hold her hand; do something to let her know you're here. She's fading...fast," Caitire snapped irritably. She was not irritated with Max, more with the situation. Bridgette's eyes had begun to fade. No more storm-tossed ocean deep. They were shallow, and glassy. Dead eyes.

Bridgette was dying.

Caitire sniffed the lion and muttered something about how clever his idea had been, but immediately began tearing the lion's stomach out of it. Bridgette was breathing, but just barely. Every breath she drew was a struggle, and she was weakening. Her eyes no longer roved about the room wildly, but stared at the ceiling, unfocused, unseeing. If not for the ragged weak rise of her chest, anyone would have assumed she was dead. Caitire held a piece of flesh, slathered in nightshade, up to Bridgette's mouth, but she didn't respond. She didn't make any sign that she even knew anyone was in the room with her. Caitire groaned in frustration and put the flesh and nightshade in her own mouth and began to chew. She threw another piece of flesh covered nightshade at Max.

"Hurry up and shift; we'll have to feed her mouth to mouth," she said, still chewing. She leaned down and placed her mouth over Bridgette, pushing the flesh and nightshade in with her tongue. She pulled away, and gently massaged Bridgette's jaw. Bridgette began to cough, but then...then she began to swallow. Caitire's eyes filled with tears.

"We might save her yet," she said, motioning for Max to do as she had done.

~~~

Victor and Jay came in through the window. Both had smelled massive amounts of blood, and didn't want to draw any more attention than necessary.

"By the gods..." Victor sighed, gazing at Bridgette's bloody, broken body. He ran his hand through his dark brown hair, and shut his eyes, as if trying to shut out the image of his pack sister at death's door. Caitire glanced up, and met Jay's gaze. As their eyes locked, the purple in Caitire's eyes receded and was replaced with a pearl white. The change happened so fast, and her eyes returned to a deep purple so quickly, a mortal probably wouldn't have been able to catch it. Whatever she had done, or seen, she said nothing, and focused her attention on Bridgette.

"Is their anything we can do?" Victor asked. Caitire shook her head; she had another mouthful of flesh and nightshade in her mouth. Victor put a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"Jay," he whispered, "we need to stay back and let them care for her. They know what they're doing. Come and sit with me,". He motioned to a large couch on the other side of the room. Bastet's little black ears were perked up as she stared at Bridgette. She mewed sadly, and licked Jay's cheek, apparently trying to comfort her.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:35 am

Max ignored him for now. He needed to consintrate on Bridgette. Anger was not even a factor as he stared at her lifeless body. The breathing just made his heart ach more. She must be in so much pain. Changing as the female instructed he walked over quickly and took her hand.

He placed it on his chest and moved it across, "Can you feel me Bridgette? I'm fine." He took the meat with out hesitation and stuffed it in his mouth. Chewing swiftly he followed what she instructed and pushed the meat in to Bridgette's mouth. Gently he massaged her jaw to make her swallow.

At that point Jay and Victor entered but he only looked up briefly. Then returned to Bridgette. Gripping her hand tightly in both of his. He had started crying. Everything was so screwed up. He was going to fight Cathal. He needed to fight him because he wouldn't lose Bridgette that way. Jay was a vampire and by her face and the red that had entered her eyes the blood was bothering her.

Taking another piece of meat he stuffed it in his mouth and chewed it slowly. When he leaned down and forced it in to Bridgette's mouth he almost couldn't do it. Forcing him self he finished the task but his hands went to her face. Cupping her pale bloodied face, "Bridgette, Bridgette."

Jay entered and the blood hit her like a bomb going off in her mind. When Victor spoke she listened acutely and nearly beat him to the couch. She shoved her face in to Bastet's fur and for the most part it drowned out the smell.

When she could control her self she pulled her head out of Bastet's fur slowly, "Sorry, I," she took a gulp, "It's hard. Is, is she dead?" Though she could tell and shook her head, "Uhg I hate this."

She stared at her feet for a moment and then looked up. Shock and she instantly started crying, "She looks so horrible! Why didn't we go and help her?" She hit Victor but even as a vampire it didn't hurt, "I feel helpless." She admited and went back to cuddeling Bastet close. Her sister. She had to live she just had to live.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:50 am

Victor hid his face in his hands, and looked sideways at Jay.

"I'm sorry, Jay" he whispered quietly. Something in his voice was torn. The wolf was broken over his sister's pain.

Caitire's emotions were much more controlled than Max. In fact, she appeared to be completely heartless. For all present but Bridgette, they could assume she was. Color began to slowly return to Bridgette's face, and she began to breathe easier.

"The nightshade is working," Caitire replied to no one but herself. The blood stopped pouring from Bridgette's wounds, and the gashes closed. She was looking better by the second, but Caitire was running her hands over her, and looked worried.
Caitire cursed under her breath as her hand ran over Bridgette's right thigh.

"Her leg healed too quickly...it's not straight; she'll be crippled. Max," Caitire said, "break her leg." The ghostly pale woman stood up without another word, and stripped the blood-soaked sheets and pillow case from the bed without disturbing Bridgette. She gathered the sheets in her hands, and grabbed one of Max's big old sweatshirts to shrug on. She glanced at Jay.

"I'll be back soon, after I dispose of these," she said. She smiled, and there was kindness in her eyes as she looked at Jay. Caitire looked over her shoulder at Max.

"Break it clean, set it straight and it will heal normally. If you do not do it quickly, she will be crippled for the rest of her life," she said. There was no kindness in her now. Only fact. She disappeared as if she had been nothing but an apparition after all.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:57 am

Max moved around to Bridgette's thigh. He knew how to break bones sadly enough. He nodded and was no longer looking at any one but Bridgette. A dark whisp licked over his fingers as he took a deep breath. With crack he broke her bone. His face grim he set her bones back together correctly.

Jay cringed too but and her fingers dug in to the cat. When it was over she loossened her grip and apologized numbly to Bastete.
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:09 am

The bone cracked and Bridgette lurched upwards with a scream filled with such pain it even curdled Jay's blood. She jolted back on the bed, moaning in pain, and gasping, but after a few minutes, the discoloration began to disappear. Her right thigh was the familiar pale pearl color. She was still breathing hard, but she opened her eyes, her brilliant, ocean-deep eyes. The blue orbs focused on Max's face immediately, and she smiled weakly.

"You're safe," she whispered before closing her eyes again, trying to catch her breath. Caitire entered the room, and ran her hands over Bridgette again, and smiled, nodding at Max.

"She's going to make a full recovery, thanks to you. Maybe you should take her into the bathroom and wash this blood off? Be gentle though; I imagine that one will be fragile for a few days," she instructed. She approached Jay and Victor for the first time.

"Hello, Jay. It is nice to meet you," she said. This strange, dog smelling ghost of a woman knew her name without asking, and maybe she knew more than just her name. Jay remembered that when their eyes had met, her eyes had glazed over white. This was Caitire, the Seer of the Darkfang pack. Her eyes were now a shimmering bright green. Victor looked up, and nodded in greeting.

"Thank you, for helping my pack sister," he said. She nodded respectfully.

"Of course, Bridgette may no longer be a Darkfang, but she is never ceased to be dear to my heart," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:26 am

Max looked pale but nodded slowly. He picked her up gingerly and was in the bath room in moments. Turning on the water though he waited for the water to warm. His arms were tight around her and he didn't look at her at first.

As the water ran he waited in silence. Finaly when it was warm enough he stepped in and spoke softly, "Bridgette, I can't lose you." His eyes fell to her and his lips fell to hers as well. Finaly he raised back up and picked up the car of soap. Gently he began to wash the remants of blood on her body and in her hair.

"I can defeat Cathal," he spoke slowly, "I can't," he gulped down his tears, "I can't lose you."

"Hello," Jay said quietly. This woman was so strange, "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Admin
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:38 am

"Bridgette, I can't lose you."

She was regaining consciousness quickly, and she even laughed mockingly at him. That was a good sign, something Bridgette for sure. She lifted a weary hand to flick him on the nose.

"Just cause that would have kicked your tail, doesn't mean I'm down and out," she teased. She closed her eyes, sighing, and smiled, relishing the warm water flowing over her body.

"I can defeat Cathal....I can't...I can't lose you."

Suddenly, Bridgette's eyes flew open. She began to shake again, and she threw her arms around Max, tears streaming from her eyes.

"No, no, you can't. I'll...I'll just...no, it's out of the question. Cathal is Beta, Max, Beta! He's the strongest wolf in the entire surrounding states besides my brother. He's been trained in fighting with other wolves for his entire life, Max. You can't fight him! Please don't! Not for me, no one's dying for me!" she cried. Sobs racked her body, and she buried her face into Max's face as the water washed over them both.

~~~

Caitire smiled, her green eyes lightening with yellow golden flecks. She sat down next to Jay, and her eyes never left Caitire's face. Bastet's fur bristled, and she buried herself closer to Jay, afraid of this strange woman.

"Forgive me. I am Caitire Darkfang Douglas, Omega of my pack, and Seer of the Mother," she said. Victor straightened up, and was tense. He seemed on edge, but Caitire smiled at him.

"I can help Daciana, Victor. The gift can be...difficult to deal with, but I believe that I may prove to be of some assistance," she said without him asking. He looked shocked, and looked down in a surprising act of submission.

"You save my sister, and offer your help to my lo...my Alpha freely. I thank you, Caitire Darkfang Douglas," he whispered. She nodded, and was quiet, resuming her position of observing Jay with curiousity.
Back to top Go down
HFCP

HFCP

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:54 am

Max shook his head but his heart ached. He was frowning but couldn't get him self to say anything else. He kissed her lips softly but with his silence she knew he had already made his desicion.

Fingers moving up to comb through her wet hair he watched how the water fell on her, "I don't know what else to do. I wont let you become some kind of whore to him." His heart squeezed tight.

Cathal had caused her so much pain. Even now as she weeped over him he still caused it. As a life mate he would make her an unwilling slave to that cruelty. He couldn't wouldn't let it happen. He took the bar and absent mindedly scrubbed at the lingering blood on his chest and face.

Finishing he turned off the water but just stood there, "Do you want to be with him or me?" He gazed at her face. Even though his heart thrilled that her eyes were their normal color he felt dead inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon and HFCP   Dragon and HFCP - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon and HFCP
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next